Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!


Happy 2011! Cheers to a sparkly new year!

At this time last year, I was just getting settled into my new life in Chicago. I made a few goals, so I'd like to share my progress with you:

Run the St. Louis half marathon  - Check! Did this on April 11, 2010! Finish time of 2:02:58. Also ran the Chicago Rock n' Roll half marathon in August 2010. Finish time of 2:03:55

Yes, will run for cupcakes :)
Do PT for my knees every day that I don’t run - Nope. Didn't do much PT, but I did try out some different classes at the gym. Spinning and Bodyworks plus Abs are excellent cross-training activities.

Run a marathon - Ran the Chicago marathon on 10/10/10! Finished in 4:45:42. See my recap here.


Make new friends in Chicago - Check! I should also say "hello" to all of the new friends I've made through blogging.

Update wardrobe (get rid of things I don't like or don't fit) - Still a work in process. I've also learned how to remix what I have with a few new pieces or accessories.

Organize! And try to keep things in order. Kill the clutter. File paperwork ASAP. Attempt to get rid of one thing as a I bring a new thing in. - Definitely still working on this. Our apartment is a little smaller than the one in St. Louis, so this is forcing me to deal with clutter much sooner. This is definitely a 2011 goal.

Bake a wedding cake - This was a "just for fun" goal. It didn't have to be a wedding cake, just a bigger more fancy cake. I didn't do it, but I have been experimenting more in the kitchen (spaghetti squash for the first time) and made some pretty great cupcakes during the year. One of my most popular posts is my Raspberry Champagne Cupcakes recipe. And I'll post a recipe for the cupcake pictured above soon.

I need to think more about my goals for 2011. Maybe I'll share some of them with you in the next few weeks.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I'm always trying to update my wardrobe, too! I always worry that once I get rid of something I wish I had it back! It's a never ending battle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog through Lauren - congrats on a great 2010! I am a CPA too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie - Ugh...me too! I probably hold onto things for too long, but at least I'm not on "Hoarders."

    Aron - Welcome to the blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Keep in mind that Fiscally Chic is a spam-free zone. Please leave your snarky comments, blatent self-promotion, and processed meats at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...