Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hungry like a Wolf

When we left off I decided to tackle the brutal 20 miler on Saturday afternoon/evening. I'm training for my first marathon, so running 20 miles is kind of a big deal. Ideally, I would have gone out on Sunday (and had Saturday to rest), but the weatherman lied to me and said that it was supposed to rain on Sunday. If you were in Chicago, you would have noticed that it was sunny for most of Sunday. But, whatever. 

No rain! Thanks weather.com
Out we went. South on the Lakefront Trail for 10 miles with John encouraging me from his bike and toting gels and Gatorade. (Isn't he awesome!) And then back north 10 miles in the dark. I will admit that it was pretty cool seeing the Chicago skyline all lit up. But this may have been one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. Especially the last 2 or 3 miles. Note to future running self: Do not run 35 miles in 3 days. And do not listen to the weatherdude. All I could think about was getting home and eating.

And eat, I did! An amazing turkey burger on a pretzel roll and some veggies. And then some peach yogurt and a cupcake from Molly’s. And a protein bar at 3:15AM. And a three egg omelet for breakfast, and on and on. That's one of the best things about running and training for a marathon. Being able to eat everything! It's like Kevin from "The Office" discussing ultra feast when Pam was pregnant.

I spent Sunday afternoon baking peanut butter oatmeal cookies with Jess. Or rather, I sat on the couch and  chatted about life while she baked. And then she shared homemade macaroni and cheese. It was the perfect end to an awesome weekend!

How was your weekend? Was it relaxing or packed to the brim with activity?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Keep in mind that Fiscally Chic is a spam-free zone. Please leave your snarky comments, blatent self-promotion, and processed meats at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...