Friday, April 8, 2011

Looking Forward to the Weekend

Update: Voting is open! Vote for me (Cathy D - Fiscally Chic) at Makeunder My Life.


Happy Friday! I'm sure many of you have seen the YouTube video of Rebecca Black's "Friday" by now, but have you seen some of the spoofs? The best is Stephen Colbert on "Jimmy Fallon Live." It's too funny!

The weather isn't very Friday-appropriate in Chicago. It's cold and foggy. To bust through the dreariness, I created a spring flower-inspired outfit for Jess LC's "Design Your Look" challenge. We were asked to create a collage with our favorite spring clothing and accessories, plus two pieces of Jess LC jewelry. The winner will receive two pieces of Jess LC jewerly and $200 towards the outfit. Sign me up! Voting starts on April 11.

Hope everyone has some fun, fun, fun, fun this weekend!

(Shirt, skirt, shoes, clutch, necklace, bracelet)
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cathy! I'm so happy the DYL Challenge led me to your sweet blog :) I'm a midwestern girl too--and I love fashion, but not the pricetags! I positively adore the look you pulled together...and only wish I'd found it sooner!

    Since you certainly have style and are fiscally savvy too, I think you'd be great at posting for my weekly link-up, Friday’s Fancies! You dream up an outfit without looking at the pricetags--which is therapeutic for a fashion lover like me because I'm still "shopping" ;) Though I can't promise you $200, I can promise you an extra entry in my {ode to france giveaway} this week!

    I hope you'll consider joining in the fun--I know I'd love to have you and see what other great looks you could create! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Keep in mind that Fiscally Chic is a spam-free zone. Please leave your snarky comments, blatent self-promotion, and processed meats at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...