Monday, June 3, 2013

Enjoying Summer with Lisa of Elembee

Hi, friends! With the upcoming arrival of our baby girl, I've decided to take a little maternity leave from blogging. But don't you worry, you're in good hands with some stellar guest posts. With my due date being so close to Memorial Day, the unofficial start of summer, you can look forward to posts about warm weather activities, summer memories, and more. I'll also pop in on occasion with updates and posts of my own. 
 
First up is Lisa of Elembee. You can count on Lisa for great tips about blogging and fab graphic design. Thanks, Lisa!
 
Coconut creamsicle margaritas from How Sweet It Is, Penguin from Brett Morrison,
Lake from Lisa's Instagram, Guacamole salad from Simply Delicious

Hi, Fiscally Chic readers! I'm Lisa from Elembee, and I have a confession to make. I hate summer. The heat and humidity make me miserable! But this summer, I'm going to put a little more effort into enjoying it. Here are a few ways I'd like to enjoy the summer:

1. Be a tourist at home. I'm visiting NYC in June, and I feel like I'm going to have the worst case of travel bug after that! But there's plenty to do within driving distance, and I'd like to take advantage of that. It can be as simple as an afternoon at the local zoo — why not spend the afternoon visiting the penguins and sea lions? It's an inexpensive way to get out and explore.

2. Relax at the lake. I went to the lake a lot last summer with my aunt and her family. It's really the best thing to do on a hot summer day!

3. Take advantage of summer produce. I recently started a new blog to encourage myself to be more mindful of healthy habits. I struggle in the summer because, honestly, I just don't feel like doing anything in the heat, especially not cooking. But summer produce is amazing, and salads require very little effort!

4. Mix the perfect summer drink. There's nothing more refreshing or relaxing than a crisp, cool drink on the patio on a summer evening, if I can just get over wanting to avoid the heat altogether. Sometimes it's better to embrace it, and just try enjoy it. It can't be that bad with a cocktail in hand, right?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Keep in mind that Fiscally Chic is a spam-free zone. Please leave your snarky comments, blatent self-promotion, and processed meats at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...