Friday, June 28, 2013

The Mary Kay Look

Madewell silk tank, J. Crew shorts, Ann Taylor wedges,
Rose gold earrings via JewelMint, Kate Spade tote

Last week, I received a VoxBox full of Mary Kay products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. Truth be told, I've never used Mary Kay makeup and only have limited knowledge of their multi-level marketing strategy and pink Cadillac loving ways. And let's not forget the Mary Kay consultant that approached me in an Old Navy last year and wouldn't take "no" for an answer.


So color me impressed when I wound up liking what they sent!


The first item I tried out was the True Dimensions lip stick in Pink Cherie. It's bubblegum pink and perfect for summer. The description says the lip stick is, "intensely moisturizing and exquisitely smoothing." I'd have to agree.


I wore it to Mass this past Sunday with my standby eye shadow and mascara. While Monica doesn't look impressed, I loved it and thought it paired nicely with my black maxi and neon pink belt. As a new mom, I also think the pink lip stick is a fast and easy way to feel put together after less than restful nights.


My next two favorites were the Lash Primer and Lash Love Lengthening mascara in I ♥ Black. The lash primer claims to create dramatic definition and fuller-looking lashes while the mascara touts long, strong, separated lashes. I'm no mascara expert, but I've tried out a few in my day since I generally use the latest sample from Sephora or Clinique. While my eye lashes seemed longer and separated, I didn't think they were much fuller than usual. Maybe it's because I don't usually use lash primer and needed to apply a little more.


Next in the box was the Cream Eye Color in Violet Storm. Honestly, I was a little intimidated by the cream eye color since I usually use pressed eye shadow and the color looked a little dark in the pot. To make things easy, I smudged some on with my finger instead of using the cream eye color/concealer brush included in the VoxBox. My first reaction was that it was too dark for me, but when I applied the mascara, it didn't seem as dark. I wouldn't wear this color on a daily basis, but would consider wearing it on date night or when dressed up for something like a wedding paired with a subtle lip gloss.


Since it's time for Friday Fancies, I created an outfit inspired by my favorite item from the Mary Kay VoxBox, the pink lip stick. We're going to a cookout this weekend and would love to wear J. Crew's coral polka dot shorts and tote around baby gear in Kate Spade's popsicle tote.

Have a great weekend! What are you up to?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Keep in mind that Fiscally Chic is a spam-free zone. Please leave your snarky comments, blatent self-promotion, and processed meats at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...