Thursday, July 14, 2011

I Married Adventure

To continue with the recent Friday's Fancies wedding season posts, I thought I would style a look for a wedding we'll be attending in Rhode Island. I visited Rhode Island a few years ago when my family took a trip to Boston. We had lunch in Providence and toured some of the mansions in Newport. And these aren't just McMansions. They're glorious remnants of the Gilded Age. Think of them as an American Versailles. Several mansions were owned by the Vanderbilts and one, Rosecliff, was used in the filming of movies like The Great Gatsby and 27 Dresses.


The wedding or reception won't be at a mansion, but I couldn't resist an outfit inspired by Newport and the Golden Era.

Sue Wong dress, Ippolita earrings and bangle, Badgley Mischka shoes

And of course I'll need some red lipstick. Maybe I'll toss some in this Kate Spade The Great Gatsby book clutch. It's one of my favorite books and I even wrote a paper about it in high school. I think it had to do with the themes of wealth and money. Too bad the clutch is "out of print." Instead, I picked out Kate Spade's I Married Adventure clutch. Pretty appropriate for a destination (for us) wedding.

I Married Adventure clutch, Rouge Dior lipstick in Red Muse, The Great Gatsby clutch
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Do you have anything fun planned?


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Very cute dress!! Hope you have a good time at the wedding in Rhode Island!
    Happy Friday!
    Jenn @ Going the Distance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun stuff! Rhode Island does sound so fancy and Gatsby-ish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still so bummed I'm missing you in Rhode Island--especially when I'm in your city! Love your look this week, that blue+gray is one of my fave color combos! :) Thanks for linking up again--I'm so happy to have you! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is fantastic!! I just saw that I Married Adventure clutch today at the mall!! Love it! Have a super fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Keep in mind that Fiscally Chic is a spam-free zone. Please leave your snarky comments, blatent self-promotion, and processed meats at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...