Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Case of the Mondays

Monday. Yes, I know that was yesterday, but I didn't have it in me to get a post ready to go. Some Mondays are relatively painless, while others just kick. my. butt. And that was yesterday. It didn't help that we had a super-fantastic weekend!


As of Friday, the patio was 95% complete. And as of Monday night, it was done! You know a big photo dump is around the corner ;)

Which was perfect timing because we had friends visiting from St. Louis. The patio got a workout with dinner at the table, chatting around our firepit, and enjoying coffee Sunday morning.

Friends! Our friend on the far right perfected "Think of the Savings."

Plus, the Cubs were playing the Cardinals, so we took a field trip to Wrigley Field. It was my first time at a Cubs game and now I can see why people are such Cubs fans. We may have sat 3 rows from the top, but it felt much closer. And I think Wrigley is pretty "cute" with all of its historic charm. Though I didn't get the full experience because I passed on the Old Style.

I could continue on about what exactly we did and where we ate and whatnot, but my biggest takeaway from the weekend was how much fun I had spending time with friends. Which got me to thinking that I really need to work on keeping in touch with friends from home and college. Sure, I can see what's going on via Facebook, but it's not the same as a phone call or in-person chat.

How do you keep up with friends spread about the country or even the world?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Keep in mind that Fiscally Chic is a spam-free zone. Please leave your snarky comments, blatent self-promotion, and processed meats at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...