Thursday, April 11, 2013

My Signature Accessory

Chicago earrings by urbanite jewelry, Banana Republic Evan canvas satchel,
J. Crew neon pink Darby leather loafers, Old Navy striped gauze dress

As I've mentioned a time or two before, I have a bit of a thing for pink shoes. One might say they (or scarves) could be my signature accessory. Just this past week I've worn two different pairs of pink shoes. Pink sandals to a baby shower and pink flats to work. The pink flats definitely helped me feel put together after a less than restful night. I woke up at 4am to go to the bathroom, tried to go to sleep, and then decided I needed a snack. Which prompted our daughter to have a 4:30am dance party in utero. I may have had bags under my eyes the next day, but at least my outfit looked good!

If I didn't have to worry about swelling feet, I'd love to make a pair of those J. Crew neon pink loafers my own. I'm sure we'd have all sorts of fun together dressing up and dressing down. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, they're all out of my size.


Playing with accessories has also been a life-saver with extending my maternity wardrobe. My sister gave me a (now retired) Jess LC silk scarf for Christmas, which I recently wore with a basic black T-shirt. Instant outfit upgrade!

Do you have a signature accessory?

Have a great Friday and stellar weekend!


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I love love love that dress! So cute with the pop of pink flats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those loafers are so cute. I think I got that same black Target maxi dress on a family shopping trip over Easter -- it is the perfect dress-up/dress-down item and super flattering for the bump! Love your maternity style. (And the not-great sleeping sounds familiar... ugh.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my leopard print loafers and wear them all the time!

    Cute outfit- the pink loafers make it really pop!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Keep in mind that Fiscally Chic is a spam-free zone. Please leave your snarky comments, blatent self-promotion, and processed meats at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...