Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Sight for Sore Eye (Shadow)

Over the weekend, I managed to drop my favorite eye shadow compact. The eye shadow still works (obviously), but the little chunks and eye shadow dust are annoying. Good thing I read a handy little tip in the February 2011 issue of Every Day with Racheal Ray. All I needed was some rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol to restore my eye shadow to its former self. A 32 oz. bottle from Walgreen's was $2.

Ugh!
Trickle enough rubbing alcohol onto the broken makeup to form a paste. Drag the back of a spoon (or a clean finger) over it to reshape.


Leave the compact overnight to dry. The alcohol will evaporate, returning the makeup to its original form.

All better!
PS - My eye shadow of choice is Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Super Shimmer in Lucky Penny. Here it is at Sephora.

What's your favorite eye shadow?
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. What a great tip!!!! I could use some new eye shadow...I might have to check out Luck Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! What a great tip! Thanks for sharing. No more shadows are going in the trash :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! I'm glad I can save you a few bucks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Keep in mind that Fiscally Chic is a spam-free zone. Please leave your snarky comments, blatent self-promotion, and processed meats at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...