Friday, May 6, 2011

Front Room Friday

Hi, friends. It's Friiiiday!! I never thought this week would end. Thanks for toughing it out with me. To celebrate the weekend, how about another little look at the house? And maybe some decorating inspiration.


These original blueprints are currently in a drawer in the kitchen. There are quite a few, including interior and exterior plans. Our house was designed in 1955 and built in 1956. We're thinking about making a copy of a least one of the blueprints and framing it. A little something like these:

left, center, right

My first thought is to hang them in the front room. Though I also really want to paint that room blue and hang white crown molding. Add some bamboo shades and white curtains. Think we can go from this:


To this? 

April/May 2010 Lonny mag, photographed by Patrick Cline
I'm mildly obsessed. It's so soothing with a few pops of energy and color. Yes, we need furniture, but I haven't made it that far in my imagination. Possibly some lighter colored chairs and sofa with a graphic rug. If the room is blue, I don't think we'll hang the blueprints there. We'd probably put them in the family room, office, or the man cave.

Or we could go the complete opposite with something along these lines and be able to hang the blueprints:

From Design*Sponge
We definitely plan on working with what we already have, so the final paint and decorations will coordinate with our current art. I guess that's another post for another time.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend! We're going on a tour of the Three Floyds Brewery in Indiana.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the Friday's Fancies at Long Distance Loving.
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I love both looks! I guess it depends on what the rest of your place looks like and the stuff you have for it. But, they both look really pretty!
    Happy Friday!
    Jenn @ Going the Distance

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see your ideas and inspiration... isn't it great to have a place of your own to decorate? Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that idea of framing and hanging the blueprints :) Can't wait to see the final product! And I'm pretty sure the decorating fun is just beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both looks are great, and I LOVE the idea of framing the house blueprints. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the blue but I am partial to blue. You could still do the blueprint with a white frame and large white matting around it. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear you all like the ideas! And Julia, we might have to look into a white frame and large white mat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a little behind on commenting, but I'm so happy to see your Friday’s Fancies post--especially when it includes inspiration for your perfect home! I adore the blue...and can't wait to see what you do with the place :) xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Keep in mind that Fiscally Chic is a spam-free zone. Please leave your snarky comments, blatent self-promotion, and processed meats at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...