Friday, February 8, 2013

Layering with Leggings

Anthropologie rugby pointelle cardigan and sea shingle necklace,
Gap maternity tank and leggings, Frye Regina booties

Leggings. This is one article of clothing I practically banned from my pre-pregnancy wardrobe. Running tights were fine, but leggings just didn't seem right. Maybe it's because I've seen too many people wearing them the wrong way. But like my change of heart to the chambray shirt, I finally came around to leggings. And boy, I had no idea what I was missing!

Leggings (when they're thick enough) are all sorts of awesome! They're stretchy and beyond comfortable. I broke down and bought a pair of capri maternity leggings on the day we were driving to Cleveland for Thanksgiving. The weather was slightly warmer, so it made for a comfy car ride. Depending on the weather, I'll wear the capri leggings with my sparkle TOMS, some other sort of flats, or tucked in boots with knee socks.

Once Winter decided to stick around for good, I went out and bought a longer pair of leggings from my favorite preggo store. And I have to say, I prefer the Gap leggings to the ones I got from Target. They're softer and a bit thicker. Plus, as of now, I'm liking maternity pants that are lower on my belly vs. having the full panel.

As for leggings in general, I try to wear them with longer tops or sweaters that at least partially cover my butt. I like my butt and all, but I don't think the whole world wants to see it. And I don't want to share it with them. I'm also really digging leggings because they give me one more outfit option. And that's golden when getting dressed with a belly and extending a maternity wardrobe. I'm still able to wear some pre-preggo tops that are longer or stretchy and have longer, open-front cardigans that will fit at any size. And, of course, cover my butt :)

How do you wear leggings?

Happy Friday!


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I am a recent convert to leggings as well and just bought a pair of maternity ones at Macy's for less than $20. They are thick, soft and super comfy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Keep in mind that Fiscally Chic is a spam-free zone. Please leave your snarky comments, blatent self-promotion, and processed meats at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...