Thursday, February 28, 2013

Maxing out my Wardrobe

J. Crew Factory denim jacket, earrings and leather cuff via JewelMint, Gap striped tote,
DV by Dolce Vita Archer sandals, Liz Lange for Target black maxi dress

The other day, I picked up two new black jersey dresses from Target: one short and one maxi. I tried on dresses in other colors and sizes, but they didn't do anything for me. The black ones looked good, so I felt good wearing them. And I'm pretty excited about the blank canvas of a black dress. With a quick change of accessories, either dress can be worn to work, to a baby shower, out to dinner, or just out and about.

Some of my go-to accessories
 
Even before becoming pregnant, accessories have been my way to mix up an otherwise basic outfit. I tend to buy the classics and then play around with punchy accessories or statement pieces. Now that I'm pregnant, I'm trying to make the most out of my maternity purchases and any "regular" clothing items that still fit. Fun earrings or a stripey scarf can make a black T-shirt feel more glamorous. A leopard belt paired with a polka dot top is much more exciting than the standard-issue tie belt that came with the top.

I don't know if it totally worked, but when I was still trying to disguise my belly, I thought that wearing louder accessories would detract from my mini baby bump. My hope was that people would notice the giant flower pinned to my blazer instead of said bump. Scarves were also super helpful when trying to cover-up my ginormous boobs that seemed to pop up overnight.

Now that I'm further along, I'm getting less restful sleep. So a swipe of red lip balm, heels, or bright pink shoes help me feel more put together. And hopefully detract from the darker circles under my eyes. I'm sure this will also be helpful when our baby girl is here.

Have a great Friday and weekend!

Do you have any go-to accessories that help complete your outfit?


Pin It

5 comments:

Thanks for your comment! Keep in mind that Fiscally Chic is a spam-free zone. Please leave your snarky comments, blatent self-promotion, and processed meats at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...