Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Relaxing Weekend

I'm not usually one to share weekend updates, but this was a good one and I want to remember it! Especially since I'm nearing the end of pregnancy and life is about to change dramatically for the good. Suprisingly, I didn't take very many pictures because I wanted to unplug and had the iPhone tucked away for most of the time.

Photo via Prasino

On Friday night, John and I went to Prasino for a belated birthday dinner. We had seen the restaurant featured on Check, Please! and I've been dying to try the lobster stuffed avocado. From the appetizer to dessert, Prasino delivered. For dinner, I had the braised beef short ribs (so tender!) and John had the butternut squash ravioli. We splurged and had the chomeur maple pudding for dessert.

Photos via Bliss Chicago

While at dinner, John "gave" me my birthday present. He had scheduled a prenatal massage for me at Bliss Spa in downtown Chicago on Saturday. Let me tell you something: it was so incredibly relaxing! While massages are treat at any time, they're especially wonderful when pregnant. I highly recommend getting a prenatal massage during your third trimester when things are a little more achy and uncomfortable.


Once home from my massage, we got the house ready for a "last fling" before becoming parents. It was a low-key gathering dubbed the "Dadchelor Party and Mama-Rama." While the nursery is still in the works, I knew people would want to see it. I made a few pom poms and picked up a box of pink Martha Stewart lanterns to hang above the crib earlier in the week, and John graciously hung them with less than an hour to go before the party. More details on the poms and the nursery coming later this week :)

Sunday was a day of rest. Sleeping in, going to Mass, chatting with friends on the patio, and even a nap. I could have run all sorts of errands for the nursery and baby, but I wanted to soak in the beautiful weather and spend time with John. I guess you could say this weekend was a sort of "staycation-babymoon."

How was your weekend?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Keep in mind that Fiscally Chic is a spam-free zone. Please leave your snarky comments, blatent self-promotion, and processed meats at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...