Friday, June 3, 2011

A Summery Weekend

J. Crew blouse, J. Crew shorts, Jess LC earrings, tote from One Sydney Road, glitter Toms
Remember a while back when I discussed the "chic-onomics" of fashion? In order to get the most bang for my buck, I tend to buy higher-quality investment pieces in classic styles. Then I jazz things up with accessories. As a nod to my most recent purchase, I thought I would style my new silver glitter Toms. I like to think of them as disco balls for my feet. Speaking of, it almost looks like there's a disco ball in the house of my front room inspiration.

via Lonny
Back to the task at hand....As you can see, "classic style" doesn't automatically mean boring. Sometimes that classic style is in a fun color, like those aqua shorts. Life is too short to only wear black and white. Plus, summer screams for happy colors. And ice cream :)

I'm planning on going to the farmer's market and then do a little decorating shopping over the weekend. Plus, our new washer and dryer should be delivered on Saturday! And of course the dreaded task of unpacking more boxes. Do you have anything fun going on?

Want more Friday fun? Check out other Friday's Fancies at Long Distance Loving.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I think accessories are pretty important too!! Can make or break a look so many times!! Loving the aqua shorts! and your glittery silver toms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I positively LOVE that you bought silver Toms. I've been dying to do it myself! I like how you've styled it all--and those shorts are particularly fabulous! Hope you'll join in for Friday's Fancies again this week :) xoxo {av}

    P.S. remind me when you're coming to RI!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Keep in mind that Fiscally Chic is a spam-free zone. Please leave your snarky comments, blatent self-promotion, and processed meats at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...