Thursday, August 25, 2011

Around the House

Hellllo! It's time for a mid-week post, which is tends to be something financial-related, but I don't have it in me. I told you about some great wine at a great price on Monday. That counts, right?

Anyways, all I can think about is this. John's excited since it looks like argyle. I'm excited since it flows with the yellow in the kitchen.


7 yards of fabric for curtains for our back/TV room! It's Premier Prints Annie in corn yellow/kelp linen. Here's a picture of the room from when we toured the house. Its current condition isn't much better since it's in dire need of grown-up furniture and an effective floor plan. Let's just say we're kicking it college style with a papasan and camping chair.


We might paint the walls in Behr Chocolate Froth, matched to an Ace Hardware paint, but haven't made the executive decision yet. The walls are currently a nice off-white/beige.


I'm also thinking about this:

don't mind the cell phone picture

Finding the perfect antique leather club chair with nailhead trim for the front room. Preferrably in a whiskey-hued leather. Oh, and for well under $1,000, unless of course I win the lottery. Then I'll take two. I think it would bring a nice mix of masculine style and warmth to the room.

Then again, I'm also on the hunt for a beat up chair to be refinished and reupholstered. Maybe a barrel chair with caning. I even found how-to instructions on Oh Brooke. Young House Love just ran a two post how-to for a Craigslist rocking chair....it's meant to be. It could go in either the front room or the back/TV room. Or maybe I can find a pair o' chairs. I hear chairs get lonely.

Chairs from Oh Brooke

Making a gallery wall for the front room is also on the list. Not even sure where to start with that one. Which wall? Which artwork? How do I position everything?

And don't even get me started on the bedroom. We have curtains, which is a big improvement, but need to figure out a wall color and artwork.

Phew! All of these to-do's are making my head spin! Obviously nothing is overly important. And we have a few more pennies to save before tackling everything.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. That leather club chair with nailhead trim is beautiful. We were considering something similar when we were shopping for a couch, but we ended up not going with leather (though it does have nailhead trim!). We're also in the midst of creating a gallery of pictures down our hall--kinda free form, trying not to be a perfectionist about placement--I'll post pics at some point. Decorating and furnishing is fun but can be overwhelming... Can't wait to see what you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that leather chair! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Keep in mind that Fiscally Chic is a spam-free zone. Please leave your snarky comments, blatent self-promotion, and processed meats at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...