Monday, August 15, 2011

The Bathroom is Finished (for Now)

Happy Monday! How was your weekend? The car is fixed, but it cost a pretty penny. On the plus side, I found curtain fabric for our back/family/TV room and had a late night baking extravaganza on Friday. I'll share more about all of this later this week or next week.

In the meantime, how about a reveal of the second bathroom? We put the finishing touches on it over the weekend. Here's a refresher of the bathroom before I went to work.


And here's the mini-inspiration board I created.


Here's how it looks all prettied up!


As planned, I hacked a Home Depot roller blind using these instructions from Design*Sponge. It was super easy. Just be sure to cut and sew straight lines and that the fabric is level with the roller. It would probably also help if I centered the pattern with the roller, but I'm OK with it not being perfect.


Instead of the West Elm striped shower curtain, I found a single gray curtain panel from Target. Stripes ended up being a little too much with the curtain fabric and the gray panel was less expensive. Win! You can't tell from the picture, but the curtain has a pebbled texture that adds a little more interest to the room.


Artwork was really inexpensive because the picture frame and matting were already on hand. John's Dad graciously printed my photograph of The Alhambra.


The biggest purchase was the West Elm zig zag bath mat at a whopping $31. You can also see that the curtain panel is a little too long. Maybe I'll hem it once I make the curtain panels for the back room. And I had to share my silver sparkle TOMS.

Here's the cost breakdown:

Bath mat from West Elm: $31
Curtain panel from Target: $27
Shower curtain liner from Target ($4, cut in half): $2
Tension curtain rod from Home Goods a while back: $5
Roller blind and universal window bracket from Home Depot: $10
Waverly Modern Essentials fabric in Solar Flare (Onyx/Lilac) from Joann's (on sale for $10/yard): $5
Picture frame and matting (already had): free
Printed Spain picture (thanks, Chuck!): free
Vase and wine glass for flowers (already had): free

Total: $80

Not too shabby! We might still tweak the bathroom by painting the walls or changing the mirror, but I'm happy with it for now. 

Post edit: My Mom also reminded me that we need a shower rack to hold soap, shampoo, etc. for guests. I also remembered that we need additional towel hooks. We have a towel bar for the hand towel, but nothing for bath towels. I'll be sure to get those by the next time we have overnight guests.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Cute! I love Waverly fabric :) They have such great patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! I love the shower curtain choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks great! i love the inspiration board you put together for your bathroom that is a great idea. your bathroom turned out really great

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fabric is so pretty! Great idea to put it in the bathroom to spice it up a bit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Keep in mind that Fiscally Chic is a spam-free zone. Please leave your snarky comments, blatent self-promotion, and processed meats at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...