Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Four Years Ago

Four years ago, John asked me to marry him. Would you mind indulging me in a walk down memory lane? I didn't have a wedding blog, so I'd like to document our engagement story here.


I was out of town with work for the month of August 2007, coming home on the weekends. While home for a weekend, we planned on going out for sushi at The Drunken Fish. Afterwards, we were going to a party at a friend's apartment. We finished dinner early, so we decided to take a walk around Saint Louis University's campus. The campus is between the restaurant and the friend's place, so it made logistical sense.

SLU has all sorts of fountains and statues on campus. Earlier in the week a friend told me there were some new statues by the business school of a bull and bear, similar to the one near Wall Street. John and I had been to NYC for spring break, so we thought about stopping by and seeing them.

As we walked past the clocktower, close to Cupples House, and towards the business school, we pass the pond. On the stony ledge near the water, I see candles, champagne, and roses. We walk closer to the spot, and I realize it's for us. We stop by all of the candles and John gets down on one knee. He tells me, "I love you" and all sorts of other wonderful things.


John asks me to marry him and I say, "YES!" He shows me the ring and it's beautiful.


Afterwards we proceeded to call our family and friends to share the good news. And of course we started planning the wedding within the following week.


If you were wondering, there weren't any statues and we didn't go to a party. John's friend set up the candles and display while we were at dinner. And as an excellent planner, John had timeline broken down by the minute for dinner and our trip to campus. He even had some stall tactics if dinner finished early or the set-up took longer than expected. John had also worked for campus safety while a student at SLU and cleared the whole proposal with his old boss.

I love you, John! Thank you for asking me to be your wife.
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. What a fun story!!! Happy engagement anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! so special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely proposal! thanks for sharing on this on the 4 year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Keep in mind that Fiscally Chic is a spam-free zone. Please leave your snarky comments, blatent self-promotion, and processed meats at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...