Thursday, August 4, 2011

De-Feet-ing Writer's Block

Peeps, we have a problem. And it may or may not include the fact that I just called you "peeps." I have writer's block. It might be because I have my first contributor post on Makeunder My Life (it's about our financial intentions, if you'd like to stop by). Or maybe it's because I was sick earlier this week. Yes, my creativity is still hanging out on the couch with a bottle of Gatorade.

Either way, I have writer's block.

When I don't want to run, I eventually lace up my shoes and head out the door. Of course I wear the rest of my running clothes. With writing, what am I supposed to do? Write? What if I have nothing to say?

I looked all around for inspiration. My Google Reader...nothing. Etsy and Pinterest...nope. I even scanned MSN, the Wall Street Journal, and the Chicago Tribune. I came up empty.

I complained to John for a little bit and he offered a few suggestions. I turned them all down. He even offered to put on his painting clothes so I could write a post about painting. I still said, "no." There isn't anything in the house to paint.

Off to yoga I went. When I came home, my mind was still blank. I suppose that's a good thing. More Etsy and Pinterest....nothing. I decided to shower and get ready for bed when my idea struck. Why don't I paint my toenails at 10pm to show you my go-to nail polish color? Yes, that seemed like an excellent idea.


So here we go, my favorite fruit punchy pink...OPI's Peru-B-Ruby.


Well, look at that! It seems that I have a blog post! And some pretty pink toenails :)

How do you overcome writer's block? Any surefire inspiration bringers?
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I just think that is sweet of John to offer to put on his painting clothes! I usually add a recipe when I have writer's block or I have some posts that are waiting to be published (from the days when I have maybe 4 posts on the same day to write about.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Keep in mind that Fiscally Chic is a spam-free zone. Please leave your snarky comments, blatent self-promotion, and processed meats at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...