Friday, September 9, 2011

Two Anniversaries!

J.Mendel dress, Tiffany earrings, Judith Leiber koi clutch,
Kate Spade About Town bangle, Jimmy Choo lace pumps
Happy Friday! It's a very pleasant Friday because I'm celebrating two significant anniversaries over the next several days. Most important, it's our third wedding anniversary on Tuesday! Which means several wedding-themed posts during the coming week. I'm looking forward to sharing some wedding photos and ways to save while planning a wedding.

The only thing really planned for our anniversary is a dinner out on the town. We wanted to go to Girl and the Goat, but reservations fill up months in advance. So the only openings were around 3pm on a Wednesday. No thanks. We might be going to Graham Elliot instead, since we enjoyed watching him on MasterChef.

This outfit is more aspirational than usual as the lovely J.Mendel dress is almost twice as much as our monthly mortgage. Which is a bargain compared to some of the accessories, but that's the point of dreaming up a Friday's Fancies outfit. Speaking of accessories, I love the koi clutch as it adds a bit of humor to the outfit. Maybe we should go out for sushi instead :)

Now for the second anniversary....it's my one-year blog anniversary/birthday on Saturday!! I can't believe it's been a year! On one hand it seems like I'm still a baby blogger with so much to learn, and on the other it seems much longer than a year. I've had so much fun writing and getting to know all of you! To thank you for all of your love, support, and comments I have a giveaway in the works. I'll post the details next week when everything is finalized.

Since I'm an analyzing fool, how about some stats and a little walk down memory lane?

Over this past year I (or we)...
Brewed beer
Ran a marathon
Made an appearance in a Southwest Airlines commercial
Celebrated John's golden birthday
Had a cupcake recipe shared on the Izze Facebook page
Ramped up our savings (step 1, 2, 3, 4)
Cooked quinoa for the first time
Was included in the SLU Shareholder magazine
Bought a house (!)
Celebrated the long life of my Grandma
Became an contributor with Makeunder My Life
Grew an extremely large zucchini


Most popular posts
Raspberry Champagne Cupcakes and Berry Good Cupcakes (pretty much a tie)
Big Impact, Little Budget Art (DIY Crate and Barrel classical symmetry painted canvases)
Makeunder My Finances series (step 1, 2, 3, 4)
Whooga Ugg Boot Review  (ETA - since removed due to a request by Whooga)
Curtain Call (we finally hang some curtains in the house)


Posts with the most comments
Easy Summer Hair
Father's Day Weekend
House and Birthday Weekend!
7 Random Facts
Throwing Pasta at the Wall

How you found Fiscally Chic (leaving out Google and Facebook as traffic sources)
Makeunder My Life
Inspiration and Rough Drafts
The Rest is Still Unwritten
Long Distance Loving
Smitten Kitchen


Top keywords
fiscally chic
raspberry champagne cupcakes
ninni rund
blueberry rhubarb cobbler
champagne cupcakes


Funniest, most questionable, or "how did they find me with that?" search keywords
while i can run i'll run quotes
"shadow to its former self"
burrito costume running
famous ncaa student-athletes [I'll take it!]
fat black crossdressers [???!]
miss piggy
synergy overrated word
too old to wear aqua shorts
where to find great lakes christmas ale in chicago 2010 [apparently I'm an authority...ha!]

Other important stats
I've had visitors from every state, including Washington DC
-Top states are IL, OH, MO, CA, and NY
I've had visitors from 69 countries/territories!
-Top countries are USA, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, and Netherlands
My top day was February 1, 2011 with 1,209 pageviews when Jess started to share my Makeunder My Finances series on MML


Interesting observation
You're very interested in the blogs I read since that's the most popular page. Guess I better keep it updated!

Thank you again for reading Fiscally Chic! I can't believe it's been a year. Muah!


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. love that look the ring is gorgeous!! i love your hair photo really gorgeous on you and the running hot dog photos is hilarious. have a great weekend cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on both anniversaries! Love seeing all the stats... so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on both anniversaries!! September is my blogging anniversary too - I'm celebrating 2 years! And i have a giveaway in the works too so just remember that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I love your outfit and I absolutely love your blog! I'm so glad I stumbled on it via MML and now it's one of my faves to read. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversaries Cathy!! That is so exciting! Love the shoes in your outfit - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun stuff going on for you!!! :) I'm so flattered that people find your blog through mine. :) And, I LOVE that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I super love peonies!!! That fish purse is also very interesting. I'm not so sure I like it just yet but it sure got my attention! ;)

    http://intoxicatedchameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Keep in mind that Fiscally Chic is a spam-free zone. Please leave your snarky comments, blatent self-promotion, and processed meats at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...