Monday, January 9, 2012

2011 Reader Survey Results

Hi to all you lovely readers! I hope you had a fantastic weekend. We're in the process of refinancing our mortgage, so it was pretty fantastic for us. Plus, I recorded my first video to share the results of the 2011 Fiscally Chic reader survey. Here it is for your viewing pleasure!



If for some reason you can't watch the video (maybe you're at work) here are some of the highlights:
  • I'll be leading a personal finance webcast at the end of January or early February, so this video is a little practice in front of the camera. More details to come!
  • Based on survey results, a majority of you are 20-something females in the US. You mostly found Fiscally Chic through guest posts and have been reading the blog for 6 months or less.
  • Your favorite posts to read relate to personal finance and saving money.
  • You'd like to see more posts about DIY and craft projects, personal finance, and recipes.
There are also some survey results not discussed in the video. (Mostly because I forgot to talk about them.) The very last question of the survey asked if there was anything else you'd like to add, questions or comments. Most were along the lines of "I love your blog" or "Keep up the good work" (thanks!!!). There were a also few comments that warrant a response:
I would like information on being green and saving money without being a hippy.
You got it! In the video, I said that I have an upcoming post about plumbing. This will cover all three: being green, saving money, and not being a hippy :)
I love the recipes and pictures of the home and the outfits- but the white dress you just chose was not fiscally chic in price!
This comment relates to an outfit I created for a Friday's Fancies post. The purpose of {av's} Friday's Fancies is to dream big and be creative. Create an outfit that inspires you, but might be a little out of your reach. So based on this reader's comment, would you prefer if I created more realistic outfits? Something you might be able to afford?

Thanks again for your participation! Have a great week!
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I'd really like to hear about the refinancing process. We are considering doing it but we're daunted by all the steps and closing costs, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you can dream big one week and then be more realistic the next week with prices on dresses. I do love your Friday Fancies so I don't want you to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets not get to in detailed about nutrition about cupcakes...... I'd don't make cupcakes to be healthy, but I would LOVE ideas about good cheap recipies. I am reading Food Matters Cookbook right now for some new recipies and he has some good ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Keep in mind that Fiscally Chic is a spam-free zone. Please leave your snarky comments, blatent self-promotion, and processed meats at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...