Tuesday, January 31, 2012

2012 Super Bowl Desserts

It's that time of year again! Time for hilarious commercials, more snacks than you can imagine, a hopefully decent halftime show, and oh, right some football! The Super Bowl is this weekend and I'm pretty excited about the festivities! 

In keeping with my personal tradition, I'll be baking some desserts to represent the teams.


In recent years, I baked cupcakes based on each city's culinary specialties. My favorite being Super Bowl XLIV (2010)'s match-up between New Orleans and Indianapolis. I baked Banana foster cupcakes for New Orleans. And a Midwest favorite, chocolate peanut butter, for Indianapolis. I also made peanut butter banana and chocolate with vanilla buttercream. I was especially proud of the logos made with melted chocolate piped on waxed paper.

I might challenge myself for Super Bowl XLVI by breaking away from the cupcakes. Boston is know for its Boston Cream Pie and New York has its New York Cheesecake. Neither of these desserts are easy to enjoy while watching commercials the football game, so I have another plan.


Banana Cream Pie Cookies by forgivingmartha via Eat Live Run for the New England Patriots.

Cheesecake Close-Up


And Cheesecake Pops by Bakerella for the New York Giants.

If desserts aren't your thing, I have a few suggestions for apps from my arsenal:


To top it off, don't forget your craft beer! Sam Adams for New England (obviously) and Brooklyn Brewery for New York.

What are you bringing to this year's Super Bowl party?

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Nicole - I wish I could take credit for the cheesecake pops, but those are Bakerella's. We'll see if I'm brave enough to make them this weekend. If I do, I'll be sure to post how it went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super impressed by those fleur-de-lis -- and sad New Orleans isn't in the running this year! Love all of your ideas though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Keep in mind that Fiscally Chic is a spam-free zone. Please leave your snarky comments, blatent self-promotion, and processed meats at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...