Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Weekend of Pictures


After a commute lasting 1 hours and 45 minutes, I happily shoveled the driveway and sidewalk. I think that counts as a workout :)



Hanging new art in the kitchen.


Goose Island's Queen-OA gluten-free beer. A pink beer that has a tart, grapefruit flavor. It's brewed with red and white quinoa. Tastes almost like a sour beer. Good to enjoy in the winter, but I imagine it will be even better in the summer.



Picked up an empty growler at Goose Island to be used with John's birthday present (a kegging system). The CO2 tanks are being filled and an IPA should be ready in a week!


My Grandma's serger. I finally gave it a run this weekend to professionally finish the edges of my pillow covers!

What were you up to this weekend?

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. An hour and 45 minute commute?!? That sounds like traffic around here in the DC area. Horrible! Glad you got to do other fun things over the weekend. I am battling a wallpapered bathroom so far it's bathroom:1 me:0 :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren - My commute is usually 30 minutes or so, but there was a pretty bad snowstorm. Thank goodness it's not like that everyday!

    Good luck with the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! A serger... I have been wanting one for a while. Goose island is my husband's favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Keep in mind that Fiscally Chic is a spam-free zone. Please leave your snarky comments, blatent self-promotion, and processed meats at home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...